The AEF in the BEF
by James Boyden
The postal history of those United States military forces during World War I whose mail bears cancellations of either the British civil post in the British Isles or the British military post in France and western Europe.
This study of nearly 400 pages is in a soft-covered, spiral-bound format and includes:
- Identification and locations of U.S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps units stationed in either the British or the BEF areas of western Europe (excludes Russia and the Balkans).
- Other locations where U.S. forces were affiliated with or otherwise in proximity to British forces.
- Civil post offices used or available to U.S. forces in the British Isles.
- British military post offices used by, or available to to, U.S. Forces in France, Italy, and Belgium.
- Over 150 illustrations of AEF in the BEF covers.
- Identification procedures to include listings of AEF and BEF censor stamps and BEF APO/FPO numbers to be found on AEF in the BEF mail.
- Valuation guides.
The paper version of this book can ordered from
APS Book Sales Page [You must manually locate
the book in these web page listings.]
Orders for CD (electronic) versions
of the book
can be filled by following the instructions
near the bottom of the the Military Postal History Society publications page.