The ABSOLUTELY essential key to TRACING postal history is date of the switch from Vichy
- The ABSOLUTELY essential key to TRACING postal history is date of the switch from Vichy
- TABLE I: Date switched Loyalty FROM Vichy
- August 26, 1940: Chad* and French Equatorial Africa (included Chad, Cameroun, French Congo,
Ubangi-Chari, but not including Gabon.
- Sept., 1940 French India, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Condominium of New Hebrides,
- November 1940: Gabon
- July 1941: Syria, Lebanon
- December 1941 St. Pierre and Miquelon
- May 1942: Wallis and Futurna Islands
- November 1942: Algeria*, Dahomey*, Togo*, Madagascar, Ivory Coast*, French Guinea*, Morocco*, French Sudan*, Senegal*, Tunisia*, Reunion
- (* but DO NOT join Free French for another year).
- December 1942: Somali Coast/Djibouti
- March 1943: French Guyana/Inini
- July 1943: Martinique, Guadaloupe
- March 1945: French Indochina, Guangchouwan (Kouang-Tcheou Wan)