First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
POSTAL HISTORY OF THE VICHY FRENCH EMPIRE BEGINS WITH STAMP ISSUING POLICIES
- POSTAL HISTORY OF THE VICHY FRENCH EMPIRE BEGINS WITH STAMP ISSUING POLICIES
1. In many cases, possessions had to use issues of the Third Republic.
2. A common design set of 9 stamps was printed for the overseas possessions, but could not get through except to northern Africa and French West Africa.
3. Some individual stamps were overprinted and/or the RF removed from Third Republic stamps and printed in the colonies.
4. In the case of Indochina, postal authorities designed and printed their own Vichy stamps for nearly three years.